A slightly belated Happy New Year to you all!
Sorry for the dramatic contemplative photo but this was taken as I was looking out over Bangkok in a genuine reflective moment and I thought it suited the tone of this post; a personal documentation of my goals and hopeful achievements in 2014. You might already be bored of the “new year, new me” mantra and if Twitter is anything to go by, there are already hundreds of people that have taken to mocking it. But you know what? Some people have had a genuinely rubbish time this year, be it family related, a personal issue or just a general struggle with the challenges that life presents us with. It IS a new year and that means you CAN reinvent yourself, make some changes. You might not always be able to change your circumstances but you can change the way you deal with them. You can change your outlook, your responses, your attitude.
So on that note, below are some of my own New Year’s Resolutions that I fully intend to stick to (okay we all fall off the wagon sometimes) as much as possible:
– Stop procrastinating and focus on the task at hand
– Give college work all the effort and attention it requires and more (the only way I’ll ever get into my dream uni)
– Embrace spontaneity and change
– Eat healthier, exercise more and look after your body
– Stay positive and always seek the silver lining
– Establish a healthy work/play balance and find time to do things that make you happy
– Ensure maximum productivity with each new day
You might have your own New Year’s Resolutions or you might still be gathering inspiration from reading others but either way, I think coming up with your own little list is a fantastic way to start the year, keeping you focused and motivated to be the best person that you can be. I’ll keep referring to mine to keep me on track. I’m determined to make 2014 my year.
Love, Beth xo.