I hope you’ll forgive me for posting this a day late this week; my weekend has been absolutely crazy and not in a good way! Over the last 3 days, I’ve either been in the restuarant or precoccupied with disruptions in my personal life so I’ve done absolutely no college work whatsoever and I’ve certainly not had a minute to peek at my bloglovin’/twitter/instagram feeds (is it weird that I get social media withdrawal symptoms?!) or give my blog some much-needed love and attention. I’m hoping things settle down again soon, I feel incredibly disorganised and disorientated (not helped by a pretty severe lack of sleep over the last few days) but anyway, here are the week’s photos.
2. I have always and will always love spontaneity. I was sat at my desk working on Tuesday evening when I got a call from my best friend who yelled down the phone that she’d just won tickets to see Nina Nesbitt at the O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire for that evening and she wanted me to go with her. I adore Nina’s beautiful voice (I was lucky enough to attend a meet-and-great and see her perfom live on Brighton beach last summer) and it felt like an opportunity I couldn’t miss (despite having college work to do oops) so I hopped on the train and had an incredible evening, made even more amazing by her 2 support acts: James Bay and Olivia Sebastianelli – both of whom were so talented with the most stunning raw vocals. Thank you Annabel!
3. This was a post-workout (yay I made it to the gym once last week!) green smoothie of banana, mango, almond milk, plain soya yoghurt and my new Organic Burst spirulina; a superfood that is so full of antioxidants and vitamins that it’s practically magic! Okay, it might look a bit strange but it’s absolutely delicious, definitely one of my favourite homemade smoothie recipes
4. A relaxed, casual look that I opted for when I woke up feeling like I wanted to hide under baggy and super comfortable clothes. Jumper from Next, jeans from Topshop, scarf from a Thai market and belt from Ted Baker. I added a pop of colour on my lips (Lady Danger by Mac) so I didn’t look too plain/boring!
5. Okay, not technically a photo from last week but one that I was reminiscing over. I took this one beautiful hot and sunny day last summer when I climbed over the O2 Arena (yes, literally!) with my Auntie who booked it as a surprise. I was so hot wearing the safety jumpsuit but it was such an incredible experience and the panoramic views of London were worth every bead of sweat
6. A birdseye shot of my outfit on Saturday which was such a beautiful, bright day so the perfect excuse to wear my new bright flats! Blazer from H&M, top from Karen Millen, jeans from Jack Wills, shoes from Moda in Pelle and belt from Accessorize
Wishing you all a wonderful and productive week ahead. I’m taking my Mum out to a quaint Italian restuarant tonight to make up for my absence on Mother’s Day yesterday (I fought tooth and nail to get time off work and was still made to do a 7-hour shift) so I’m very much looking forward to that. Who wouldn’t want to kickstart a working week with pizza/pasta?!
Love, Beth xo.