Good evening from the haven that is my bedroom, where I have candles burning (can’t get enough of Marmalade‘s pomegranate and pear scent right now), fairy lights glowing and an array of tasty treats to accompany me whilst I write this. Although I fully intended to spend tonight revising, I felt exhausted when I got home from work and decided to listen to my mind/body by just relaxing instead (hello Gossip Girl). Tomorrow, the hard work starts!
1. On Monday night, my brother and I took my Mum out for a belated Mother’s Day meal. This was my super healthy main course which allowed me to seriously over indulge on dessert (I don’t do anything by halves)
2. I opted for monochrome (obviously) simplicity with this look. I love that this shirt looks smart and tailored, even though it’s cotton and a gloriously comfortable loose fit. Shirt from Primark, jeans from Miss Selfridge and belt from Accessorize
3. Lusting over the beautiful townhouses in South Kensington, London on Tuesday
4. My darling friend Olly (check out his fabulous blog here – he’s simply a literary genius) bought tickets to the City Rocks concert at the Royal Albert Hall for my birthday which meant I got to see the likes of Maverick Sabre, Sophie Ellis-Bextor and (can you believe it?!) LILY ALLEN. It was such an incredible night, I was overwhelmed by the venue just as much as the talent
5. A photo I took post-nail appointment on Thursday, they were 6 weeks overdue and in desperate need of some TLC! I’ve been neglecting them for the obvious reasons of work, work and … oh yeah, more work. It’s absolutely vital to prioritise so of course beauty treatments haven’t been at the forefront of my mind but sometimes, you just have to step back, take a break and do something you enjoy before you re-approach the task at hand with a fresh perspective and renewed energy (I think I just managed to incorporate life advice into a paragraph about my nails – wow)
6. And finally, this was earlier today when I finished work early (hence the staff food box loitering suggestively in the background) when I went straight to Costa and enjoyed my favourite coffee while I compiled a to-do list for the next few days
So there we have it. The end of another week means I’m one step closer to taking my summer exams (eek!) and after that – freedom! I can’t wait. To all of you setting your alarm early so you can fit that extra bit of work into your day or politely declining social invitations in favour of sitting at home studying, I feel your pain. Keep ploughing through and hopefully it will all pay off!
Love, Beth xo.