The first week of the Easter break has come to an end and although revision and studying has been intermittent and fuelled by far-too-regular trips to Costa (that’s once, if not twice a day), at least I’ve been marginally productive. However, I’m hoping to be even more focused this week, studying at every available opportunity and encouraging myself to stay motivated. The end goal is in sight but at the moment, I’m struggling to come to terms with the gruelling journey to get there. All in good time!
1. Excuse the appalling quality but this is a selfie I took in my car (first time for everything) at the beginning of the week. You can just about see the rim of the hat I was wearing (and I never wear hats) so to see the full look, check out my post ‘Gothic Touch’ here
2. During one of my study breaks when I was reading the latest issue of Glamour and snacking on a few Bounce balls to re-fuel (the perfect brain food), the postman came and delivered my gorgeous new Topshop jeans. 2 important things to note here. Number 1 – they’re white. Number 2 – they’re the ‘Mom’ style. Safe and boring? Not in my style book! These are very different to what I usually wear (a trusty pair of dark denim skinnies go a long way you know) so I was very nervous about ordering them but they’re comfortable, more versatile than you’d first think and ideal for the summer so fingers crossed I can find the confidence to actually wear them out and about!
3. A photo of a very good post day. I squealed in excitement at the arrival of my Missguided and Nasty Gal packages, I love every single item I received which is SO rare when ordering online as I’m sure you’re all aware! Oh and the customs charge? Worth every. Single. Penny.
4. An outfit I wore on a bright sunny day (any excuse to whack out my hardly-used but still lustworthy Ralph Lauren sunglasses) when I felt like injecting a bit of glamour into my look. I posted the details on my Instagram but in case you don’t follow me … top from Whistles, blazer from Karen Millen, jeans from Jack Wills, belt from Accessorize, boots from H&M, snood from Urban Outfitters and bag from a Thai market
6. Currently in the process of making healthier choices like this. I feel so much better when I nourish my body with wholesome, healthy food; my skin is visibly clearer and I have tonnes more energy and it feels fantastic. Yesterday, as study fuel, I was snacking on a couple of bananas dipped in Meridian (the best nut butter brand – trust me) crunchy cashew butter before I grabbed a spoon and just demolished the jar. It’s definitely hard not to once you’ve had a spoonful or two! And I would highly recommend if you’re a nut butter fan that you try the smooth almond one, it’s the best
So here’s to another week of revision and trips to Costa (to maintain my sanity) and (eeek!) midweek I’ve got something VERY exciting happening which I can’t tell you about just yet but I know you’re gonna wanna hear all about next week (it involves a certain (very special) denim brand and a huuuuge party) … so stay tuned!
Love, Beth xo.