Seriously, how is it Sunday evening already?! The days are just blurring into one at the moment, with far too much to do and far too little time. But hey, don’t they say life is a rollercoaster? I think right now I’m on that twisty upside-down bit which tests your muscular strength to a) hold on to the safety bars as tight as physically possible so you don’t fall out of the carriage and b) clench your stomach so that you actually keep your lunch inside you, rather than sharing the half-digested version with the person next to you. Sorry, bit graphic. But you get the idea.
1. Blogging in bed on my cute iPad mini and burning a super-calming green tea candle on Monday evening
2. A selfie I took at college wearing (what a surprise!) all monochrome – okay, apart from the lipstick (Lady Danger by Mac). Jumper from Whistles, snood from Urban Outfitters, jeans from Miss Selfridge and bag from Armani Exchange
4. Creating my own Spring scenario – a variety of my favourite fashion magazines (Elle is my number one), a fresh bunch of daffodils, a delicious-smelling ‘vanilla bean’ candle from Urban Outfitters, a green Innocent smoothie and a melon/grape fruit box (a very sweet and hugely satisfying combination)
5. A bad quality selfie I took in front of a dirty college mirror, mainly for the reason that I finally did something slightly different with my hair. This was a half-up/half-down style that I unintentionally created (to hide the fact that my roots were so flat) by lifting the top section of my hair and twisting it into a loose bun on top of my head. I actually really enjoyed having my hair ‘down’ without having it fall in my face so this might be a style you see me with more often from now on …
6. A snack plate I asked one of the chefs to make for me at work today, featuring 3 of my all-time favourite foods: broccoli (a new addition to the Zizzi Spring menu), butternut squash and the very-distinct-tasting-but-mouth-wateringly-divine artichoke. I’m weird, okay? It has to be said though that one of the greatest things about working in a restaurant is ordering staff food and having it tailored exactly to your foodie desires – whether it be a dish off the menu (or sometimes a combination of several) or just a plate of whatever you fancy. I was starving mid-shift after running round for a few hours but craving something fresh and healthy so this was the perfect combination to tide me over until I had time to sit down and enjoy a proper meal. Hurray for being a waitress!
Hope you’ve all had a great week. I promise that I’ll try and post in between now and next weekend, I have so many saved drafts but I feel that they all lack substance just because my priorities are elsewhere at the moment (which I suppose during exam period is the way it should be). I’m not neglecting you, I promise! Just wait for the summer, you won’t be able to get rid of me …
Love, Beth xo.