So my first week of freedom is over and it still hasn’t sunken in that I’ve finished my A Levels. Okay I’ve got free time, I’m having loads of fun and actually enjoying a social life (who knew?!) but I feel like I’m waiting for something, as if this free time is too good to be true. And then I remember results day (14th August and getting ever closer) and realise that yeah, I guess I am waiting for something. But instead of spending my time worrying and panicking about the outcome (both unfortunate traits of mine), why not just take and enjoy each day as it comes? I’m certainly trying my best (at the expense of my continually declining bank balance that is …).
1. I’ve actually had this sequined Miss Selfridge top for a few years but I dug it out the other day and still managed to feel like a princess! Also wearing Topshop blazer, ASOS belt and a beautiful gold necklace that I bought from the souks when I was in Morocco
2. Wearing my new beautiful ‘Donna Cream Kimono’ from Miss Pap. It has a gorgeous floral coin print that I just love and the colour means it’s super versatile – definitely a key piece in my summer wardrobe! I stumbled across Miss Pap quite recently and was shocked at how pretty (and affordable) their clothing is; it’s super feminine and bang on trend but with a very attractive price tag, which is why I’m so happy to be working with the company. As a special ‘thank you’ for reading my blog, enjoy 10% off your order at www.misspap.co.uk with the code ‘BETH10OFF’ (you’re welcome!)
3. Flicking through magazines and coming across beautiful lingerie models while you’re scoffing your face with chocolate isn’t exactly ideal is it? At least the chocolate was worth it! This ‘Vanoffe’ bar by The Raw Chocolate Company has to be one of my all-time favourites. It’s vegan, packed with goodness (okay, a little) and tastes so creamy and delicious. Oh, and check out my new boyfriend jeans! Topshop did good
4. This was a delicious (but painfully expensive) risotto I enjoyed at the Royal Ascot yesterday (check me out). Although it was very tasty, the price will haunt me (and my bank balance) for years to come. At least I got my money’s worth by taking a good photo before I tucked in …
5. Enjoying a coffee in the Royal Enclosure (and half-hiding behind my HUGE hat)
6. A not-so-great photo of my full Ascot outfit: Debenhams hat, Karen Millen dress, DKNY clutch (borrowed from my Mum’s rather expensive bag collection) and ShuSole heels. I actually sourced this dress weeks ago completely by chance when it was on sale (still cost me an arm and a leg, mind you) so it saved me many sweaty hours spent in various shop changing rooms!
So yeah, I went to Ascot. Royal Ascot. In the Royal Enclosure. And it was fab! I have Polly to thank for that – she took me as her ‘guest’. The whole experience was fantastic, unlike anything I’ve ever done before. Dressing up, watching the Royal Parade (I saw you Queenie!), paying a week’s wages for lunch and winning a bet – 2 in fact! It was unforgettable and I definitely hope to go again later in life – maybe when I’m a bit richer?
Hope you’re all enjoying this gorgeous weather, let me know what you’re getting up to!
Love, Beth xo.
Please note that some items featured in this post may have been sent to me for reviewing or promotional purposes.