It’s the end of my second week at uni and I definitely feel like I’m settling in a bit more now. I’m getting used to the cooking, cleaning, food shopping and long trips to the laundrette (it’s a chilly walk for sure) and starting to accept my ‘new life’. BUT who knew life was so expensive?! I’ve been financially independent for quite some time now but having to pay to wash and dry clothes, to buy ‘household essentials’ like surface wipes, washing up liquid etc I am not used to and having to factor such items into my already-tight weekly budget is quite frankly, a nightmare. And don’t even get me started on course materials. We pay £9,000 a year in tuition fees and still get here and have to buy textbooks (which are on average, £40 each). Madness! However, uni life is great and please don’t ever let me discourage you from this experience. It really is like no other. The people, the parties, the freedom – it really is as crazy as everyone says it is!
1. I absolutely love my new ‘Katie‘ satchel from Nica Handbags; the deep tan colour goes perfectly with my warm winter boots and it’s the perfect size to take with me to lectures. It’s barely left my shoulder since I received it last week!
2. Photographically documenting the first coffee I’ve bought with my thousands (and thousands) of Costa clubcard points since before the summer
4. My current fragrant favourites. From top to bottom: ‘Black Noir’ by Bulgari, ‘Exotic’ by Jimmy Choo, ‘Flash’ by Jimmy Choo, ‘Cool Water’ by Davidoff, ‘Be Delicious’ by DKNY and my all-time favourite: ‘Daisy Dream’ by Marc Jacobs
5. Gorgeous new cobalt lace-up heels gifted to me by Chiara Fashion
6. A breaktaking sunset over the campus lake
So I’m currently working really hard to maintain my blog and shoot whenever possible, which is extremely hard without a photographer and living almost in the middle of nowhere (red brick isn’t my favourite background for a blog photo). Not to mention the awful weather! Gale-force winds, driving rain, you name it …
I love blogging so much and I’m devastated that it’s been forced down on my list of priorities lately. I’m really hoping that as I establish more of a routine over the next couple of weeks, I will have set ‘time slots’ to shoot and I’ll be able to post more regularly. In the meantime, be sure to follow my Twitter and Instagram to have a nosey at what I’m getting up to!
Love, Beth xo.
Please note that some items featured in this post may have been sent to me for reviewing or promotional purposes.