So I skipped this post last week simply because it would have only been photos from Marrakech – the same ones that I bombarded you all with on my Twitter and Instagram! I can’t say that my life is particularly exciting at the moment; I’m either at college, work or doing college work (no rest for the wicked!) but I just keep telling myself to plough through because (hopefully) one day it’ll all be worth it. Anyway, this week’s photos:
1. Anyone who knows me will you tell you I’m not a natural in the kitchen (far from it) but I’m forever seeing delicious recipes on my Instagram feed so I when I had a spare half an hour last Sunday, I had a go at making these banana/almond butter/honey oat cookies which were pretty damn good (if I say so myself). However, I know they weren’t perfect and maybe a little on the dry side so I’ll probably use (even) more nut butter next time to make them extra gooey and melt-in-your-mouth heavenly
2. Wearing a gorgeous necklace that I bought in the souks in Marrakech. The charm is a hand of Fatima (also known as Hamsa) which serves as protection against the evil eye, giving the wearer strength and power
4. My limited edition prints arrived from Charmaine Olivia, an incredibly talented artist based in California whose work includes oil paintings, sketches and illustrations of beautiful women. I’ve followed her on Instagram since the beginning of time, I simply can’t get enough of her stunning photos – of her designs, dreamy LA sunsets, movie-worthy loft style apartment and of herself; the epitome of bohemian beauty. The prints I chose are “Evelyn” (left) and “Voodou” (right) and the sketch in the middle was a surprise complement to my eagerly-awaited order
5. Working on my blog one evening last week, with the aid of coffee and Dairy Milk Oreo chocolate
6. A selfie taken yesterday when I wore my hair in a ponytail (so rare!) and went for gothic make up (in love with my new lipstick – Revlon Super Lustrous in Black Cherry). Wearing a slouchy zip-sleeve jumper from ASOS and ultra soft jeans from Miss Selfridge – minimal effort attire!
Hope you’ve all had a great week, hopefully yours have been a little less stressful than mine. I’m on the runway for summer exams now and I have a lot to do before I’m ready for take off …
Love, Beth xo.